Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebel Structural Grid Won't Conform to "Halftone"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
clippincott-CL
1164 Views, 3 Replies

Rebel Structural Grid Won't Conform to "Halftone"

For some reason that I cannot figure out, the structural grids in the Architecural models I'm linking to our Electrical models stay dark, they don't get lighter like everything else in the Architect's model when I set the link to "Halftone".

Has anyone else had this problem?  If so, how did you resolve the problem?

I shouldn't have said "like everything else" in the sentence above because the structural grids are not alone in their rebellion, the ceiling grids also remain stubbornly dark a lot of the time.  I've had some success in the past with these by making changes to the ceiling material properties for whatever type of ceiling I'm dealing with but sometimes it just doesn't work.

So, if anyone has any insight about how to get the ceiling grids to conform to the "Halftone" setting also, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: clippincott-CL

What Discipline are is you View set to? If it is set to Electrical, then the Ceilings, Wall, and the other Architectural Categories of Elements should automatically be half-tone. The Grids, on the other hand, will remain full darkness.

So when you set the specific Revit Link to Halftone (under V/G Overrides, Revit Links tab), most of the elements from that link do appear as half-tone? If you print the View, does it look like the elements are obeying the half-tone setting on the printout?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
clippincott-CL
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Sorry for the late response but, yes, when I check the "halftone" box in the Visibility/Graphic Overrides window, most of the background will display and print as halftone.  The only exceptions are the sttructural grid and the ceiling grids.

I have all of my views set to "Coordination".

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: clippincott-CL

I am unable to reproduce this issue - can you try to reproduce this in a new Project? Are others users experiencing this, too?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report