Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image Draw Order

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
rschnureIV
6307 Views, 6 Replies

Raster Image Draw Order

I have linked in a raster image into my revit mep 2012 project overtop of the architectural model link.  When I set the draw order to background, it does not mask behind the linked file.  Is there something I am missing?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: rschnureIV

Select the Raster Image and there is a parameter called "Draw Layer" under Properties. Change this to "Background".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
rschnureIV
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I did that, but it is not changing.

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

Is the View's Visual Style set to Wireframe? This would prevent it from appearing as a background image.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
smbrennan
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I must be missing something. I'm having the same isssue.

I create a new project, and to get started quicker prior to receiving DWGs or RVT files, we want to trace the geometry to create walls so we can start inserting wall-hosted devices, then align the walls later. We usually have PDFs. Since Revit doesn't support linking/attaching PDFs, here's what I did:

1. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat
  2. File -> Save As JPEG
  3. Create new Revit project
  4. Open Floor Plan View
  5. Insert Image
  6. Browse for Image
  7. Scale
  8. Draw walls

As I draw the walls, I can see that they're there, and I get alignments  for corners and what not. But, once that wall segment is complete, I no longer see it. I've tried background vs foreground, wireframe vs hidden, plan view vs reflected ceiling plan ... nothing is working. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance,

Shawn

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 6 of 7
smbrennan
in reply to: smbrennan

Scratch that, I figured it out.

I had my view set to Electrical, therefore wasn't displaying.

once I changed my View's Discipline to Architectural or Coordination, I could see the walls.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 7 of 7
DaveT4287

Try clicking on the "Plot paperspace last" option in the print dialog.  Thast worked for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report