Revit MEP

Active Contributor
rschnureIV
Message 1 of 7 (730 Views)
Accepted Solution

Raster Image Draw Order

730 Views, 6 Replies
09-11-2012 08:54 AM

I have linked in a raster image into my revit mep 2012 project overtop of the architectural model link.  When I set the draw order to background, it does not mask behind the linked file.  Is there something I am missing?

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 7 (725 Views)

Re: Raster Image Draw Order

09-11-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: rschnureIV

Select the Raster Image and there is a parameter called "Draw Layer" under Properties. Change this to "Background".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Active Contributor
rschnureIV
Message 3 of 7 (723 Views)

09-11-2012 09:15 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I did that, but it is not changing.

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 7 (721 Views)

09-11-2012 09:19 AM in reply to: rschnureIV

Is the View's Visual Style set to Wireframe? This would prevent it from appearing as a background image.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 5 of 7 (346 Views)

12-10-2013 09:42 AM in reply to: CADastrophe

I must be missing something. I'm having the same isssue.

I create a new project, and to get started quicker prior to receiving DWGs or RVT files, we want to trace the geometry to create walls so we can start inserting wall-hosted devices, then align the walls later. We usually have PDFs. Since Revit doesn't support linking/attaching PDFs, here's what I did:

1. Open PDF with Adobe Acrobat
  2. File -> Save As JPEG
  3. Create new Revit project
  4. Open Floor Plan View
  5. Insert Image
  6. Browse for Image
  7. Scale
  8. Draw walls

As I draw the walls, I can see that they're there, and I get alignments  for corners and what not. But, once that wall segment is complete, I no longer see it. I've tried background vs foreground, wireframe vs hidden, plan view vs reflected ceiling plan ... nothing is working. Am I missing something?

Thanks in Advance,

Shawn

Shawn B.

Follow me on Twitter @That85CADGuy.  ||    Connect with me on Linkedin.
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to provide feedback.
To help improve the use of these Forums, please  Accept As Solution and  Give Kudos.

Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 6 of 7 (341 Views)

12-10-2013 09:46 AM in reply to: smbrennan85

Scratch that, I figured it out.

I had my view set to Electrical, therefore wasn't displaying.

once I changed my View's Discipline to Architectural or Coordination, I could see the walls.

Shawn B.

Follow me on Twitter @That85CADGuy.  ||    Connect with me on Linkedin.
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to provide feedback.
To help improve the use of these Forums, please  Accept As Solution and  Give Kudos.

Contributor
DaveT4287
Message 7 of 7 (142 Views)

06-11-2014 08:17 AM in reply to: rschnureIV

Try clicking on the "Plot paperspace last" option in the print dialog.  Thast worked for me.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.