Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radon Sump

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
IMCornish
907 Views, 3 Replies

Radon Sump

Being fairly comfortable with Revit Architecture I once again have a reason for dabbling with Revit MEP, a nightmare!

I am trying to create a 'Radon Sump' family, a simple plastic junction for four collector pipes and one venting pipe to be placed under the structural ground floor of buildings in this part of the UK.  Radon being a natural gas that is released from granite deep in the earth.  Radon can be injurious to health and our Building Regulations require radon to be safely ventillated from below a building where it collects below a 'Gas Membrane' to stop the gas getting into the building where it would gradually collect.

My problem is that whilst I can model the actual sump physically, I am then lost or rather confused by System Classifications and no matter how I try, when the family is loaded into a project I cannot get it to become part of my Radon Vent BG (below ground) 'System Type' since the 'System Classification', 'System Type' indicated as Undefined, being greyed out.

See the image herewith:

Radon Sump.png

Any help greatfully received.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: IMCornish

Are all the pipes connected to the sump part of the Radon Vent BG system type? You may have to edit the sump family and set the pipe connectors' system classification to "other" in order for it to inherit the Radon Vent BG system type.

Also note that System Classifications are hard-coded into Revit and cannot be added. System types that are added will inherit the system classification of the type that has been duplicated. 

Message 3 of 4
IMCornish
in reply to: abulla

Abulla, thank you for your response.  I am late coming back to you because my attention has been focused elsewhere.  However, I have tried what you say and chenged each of my pipe connectors to 'other' but the System Type has not been inherited.

I note that you say that Classifications are hardcoded, but System Types are not, are they?  For my sump this is shown as 'Undefined'?  Whilst the property is greyed out is it possible to change that?  Would it change anything?

My pipes are all Classified as 'Vent' so should I change them all to 'other' as well?

What is really annoying is that I cannot get my sumps into the right schedule because of this issue.

Any further help would be really apprecaited.

Andrew Robertson
Chartered Architect
Robertson Partnership
Truro. UK
Message 4 of 4
abulla
in reply to: IMCornish

The pipe System Classification can stay as Vent, that shouldn't affect anything. The System Type of the pipe should be set to your "Radon Vent BG" type, then you should be able to connect that to your pump family.

If you want to post your pump family here we can test it for you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report