Revit MEP

Mentor
dtiemeyer
Message 1 of 4 (262 Views)

RMEP 2013 underlay

262 Views, 3 Replies
12-17-2012 10:58 AM

When I create a new floor plan based on a level it seems to default to turning on the underlay to the floor below. Is there a way to default this behaviour as 'off'?

-Dustin

Striving to be a WOMBAT, Waste Of Money, Brains, & Talent...

⁞|⁞ Please use the Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos functions as appropriate to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
RandMan
Message 2 of 4 (224 Views)

Re: RMEP 2013 underlay

12-18-2012 10:21 AM in reply to: dtiemeyer

When you're in the "New Floor Plan" dialog box, click on the "Edit Type" button.  You can apply a view tempalte from there. 

justins
Message 3 of 4 (125 Views)

05-16-2013 01:43 PM in reply to: dtiemeyer

I'm having the same issue dtiemeyer, the underlay is showing the floor below on default.  We don't have any view templates being applied like RandMan.  But even looking at the view templates there is not an underlay properity to fix this.  

Did you ever find a fix for this? 

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

05-16-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: justins

There doesn't appear to be a way to change this default. Searching on other forums has led to a script that can change multiple Views to "No Underlay" at once, but no direct solution. I haven't really looked at this myself, but here's the link I found:

http://dp-stuff.org/revit-view-underlay-property-python-problem/

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube