Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMEP 2013 underlay

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dtiemeyer
467 Views, 3 Replies

RMEP 2013 underlay

When I create a new floor plan based on a level it seems to default to turning on the underlay to the floor below. Is there a way to default this behaviour as 'off'?

-Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RandMan
in reply to: dtiemeyer

When you're in the "New Floor Plan" dialog box, click on the "Edit Type" button.  You can apply a view tempalte from there. 

Message 3 of 4
justins
in reply to: dtiemeyer

I'm having the same issue dtiemeyer, the underlay is showing the floor below on default.  We don't have any view templates being applied like RandMan.  But even looking at the view templates there is not an underlay properity to fix this.  

Did you ever find a fix for this? 

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: justins

There doesn't appear to be a way to change this default. Searching on other forums has led to a script that can change multiple Views to "No Underlay" at once, but no direct solution. I haven't really looked at this myself, but here's the link I found:

http://dp-stuff.org/revit-view-underlay-property-python-problem/

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report