Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT mep 2013 vs 2012

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1128 Views, 3 Replies

REVIT mep 2013 vs 2012

Hi everybody,

How do I retrieve a file created in version 2013 (trial version) in 2012 ? Is it possible, in version 2013, to save a file in an earlier version?

Thank you very much

Luc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

You cannot save any Revit file as an earlier version. Could you expand on your situation a bit, maybe there's another solution. Was this an existing Revit 2012 file that was opened in 2013 or was it created in Revit 2013? If converted, was this a Project file (.rvt) or a Family file (.rfa)?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you very much.

It's a little project (.RVT file) created in MEP 2013. This is a test I'm doing to see if the problems (calculation of pressure) have been corrected in MEP 2013. I would like to open the file in RVT 2012 whether I would have the same results.

Have a nice day.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Unfortunately, the method I've heard of to be able to open a Revit project in an earlier version (export/import as IFC file) would not retain your calculations. You will have to recreate it in RMEP 2012 as far as I know.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report