Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT MEP Service Pac 2

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BRYANBRAUER1832
810 Views, 6 Replies

REVIT MEP Service Pac 2

I recently installed the Service PAc 2 and am now experiancing stability issues.  Has anyone else had a bad experiance with this update?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

To help troubleshoot this issue, please post one of the journals from the session where Revit crashed. You should be able to find them in the folder below:

C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit MEP 2013\Journals

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 7

Actually, I think the issue has to do with using an extended monitor which is set at a differant resolution than the primnary notebook display. REVIT does not seem to like this when a view window bridges the displays.  I don't recall having this problem before installing the service pak, but it my be unrelated.  It could alos be the result of a recent Windows Updtae?

Message 4 of 7

In the past we have seen odd behavior when workstations have multiple monitors in place, or a large monitor set to a high resolution. These issues are magnified if Revit is being utilized in the secondary monitor, as Revit attempts to use the primary monitor by default. We have also seen these issues if the Project Browser or Properties Palette undocked from the main Revit window.

If you have not already, I would verify that Revit is on the main monitor, and the Properties Palette and Project Browser are docked.

If the issue persists, I would use Revit on one monitor but not both.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 5 of 7
abulla
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

We're experiencing similar issues, with me and another user. What's really strange is that we have the exact same setup. Same computer (we bought 12 or so at the same time), same monitors, and same menu configuration. Revit on the main screen, properties bar and project browser on the second screen. He's experienced frequent crashing and the jumpy properties bar, while my experience has been smooth sailing. I tried turning hardware acceleration off on his machine, but to no avail. Weird...

Message 6 of 7

I have been using REVIT with 2 monitors for nearly 2 years.  First with REVIT 2011 and more recently with REVIT 2013.  I have never had any problems.  One setup uses a desk top with two identical monitors set at 1920 x 1080.  The other setup is with my note book and an extension monitor.  In the past I have had the resolution on my note book set at 1600 x 900 and the resolution on the second display set at 1920 x 1080.

I regulary expand the REVIT window over both monitors and tile views all over the place, plans, schedukes, calcs, sections, whatever I am working on.   The project browser and properties remain docked on the left side, which is the primary display on my desk top rig, and the secondary display on my notebook rig (no special reason for this, I just have my workstation set up with the note book on the right.)

Not until recebtly have I had any issues with this.  After installing Service PAC 2 (or maybe a Windows & update, who knows?), my sessions on my note book began locking up, requiring me to close the program using Task Manager.  I have since reset the resolution on my notebook extension monitor to 1600 x 900 and the problem seems to have gone away.

Message 7 of 7

Thanks,

It is happening again, but only when I have the architectural or structural model linked to my model.  I am attacheing the last several journal files.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report