Revit MEP

Valued Contributor
hcanas
Message 1 of 4 (277 Views)
Accepted Solution

REVIT MEP 2013 - ADD PARAMETER TO A DATA OUTLET

277 Views, 3 Replies
03-06-2014 09:16 AM

I have a DATA OUTLET tag/w a ID circuit number parameter, I need to add the floor number (parameter) at front, any idea how to do it?

Please help...

Thank you in advance.

Dave

*Expert Elite*
CADastrophe
Message 2 of 4 (262 Views)

Re: REVIT MEP 2013 - ADD PARAMETER TO A DATA OUTLET

03-06-2014 11:34 AM in reply to: hcanas

There is no automatic way to do this. The course of action that I recommend would be:

1. Create a new Shared Parameter [Text] for this prefix and add it as a Project Parameter (Electrical Fixtures, Instance).

2. Add this Shared Parameter as appropriate to your Tag Family.

3. Create an Electrical Fixtures Schedule and include "Level" and your Shared Parameters as the only fields.

4. Set the Schedule to sort by "Level". Disable "Itemize Every Instance". Hit 'OK'.

5. In the Schedule View, you can select the blank cells next to each listed Level and enter the desired value. This value will then be cascaded to all applicable Model Elements in the Project.

There is some manual labor involved, but it's not much. You must periodically return to the Schedule and reenter these values in order to apply them to all newly created Model Elements.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Valued Contributor
hcanas
Message 3 of 4 (235 Views)

03-06-2014 02:26 PM in reply to: CADastrophe

Corey D.

Thank you, for your reply.

I got lose on between 1st & 2nd steps, can you go step by step on those two ..please.

really apreciate...

Dave

Valued Contributor
hcanas
Message 4 of 4 (226 Views)

03-06-2014 02:45 PM in reply to: hcanas

Sorry, I got the answer here...about the shared parameter..

http://www.aecbytes.com/tipsandtricks/2011/issue58-revit.html

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube