Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REVIT 2014 ribbon glitch followed by crash

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
shamma89
1983 Views, 23 Replies

REVIT 2014 ribbon glitch followed by crash

Hi guys,

So i just installed REVIT 2014 which i intend to use heavily for MEP work! As soon as i launch the application and choose a MEP template, there is a glitch in the ribbons section where it is blacked out, and i have to hover the cursor over it to view the ribbons icons!! Once that happens, i'm unable to use the software since it freezes, and i have to force shut it down through task manager!

I'm running windows 8.1 pro, and made sure that .NET Framworks 3.5 and 4.5 are installed! What might be causing this? I've included a screenshot to show you what i mean. The ribbon section is black as shown, and the bottom search panel shown in the next pic is always flickering. Pretty weird! Any ideas?!test1.giftest2.gif

23 REPLIES 23
Message 21 of 24
julielfifield
in reply to: shamma89

I was having the same issue with Revit 2015 running via Bootcamp on Windows 7 (with retina display), but from reading the other responses,  I have fixed the problem. My display setting was set to 150% already, so I changed the screen resolution from 2800x1800 to 1920x1200 & now it is working correctly. Thanks!

Message 22 of 24
fisharch
in reply to: e_chan3

In order to get the options for the various display percentages to show up, you first have to check the box that says "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays".

Thanks for the tip as this helped me greatly as well!

Message 23 of 24
mountainvert
in reply to: e_chan3

Hi,

Ditto here! I also  just suffered through a week of working with 3 different IT folks and lots of heartache trying to figure out why Revit 2015 was not working properly on my system even though it was matching all the specifications required. I am running a MacPro Book Retina display with Bootcamp and Windows 8.1 Pro. Revit was installed properly and I could work in the program but I couldn't save files or close the program or get any of the edit boxes to open. It turns out all these issues are the same problem as the flashing bar and program crashes. Once I changed the Windows display to 150% the program works fine!

It is a simple but frustrating issue and Mac users just need to be aware that this is not optional, but a NECESSARY set-up procedure in order for Revit to work properly on a Mac machine with Windows.

Message 24 of 24
leongrobbelaar
in reply to: shamma89

Hello 

I have a Macbook Pro 2015 with Retina Display, Revit 2016 flickers and is non repsonsive. Is there a way to fix this? Setting display to 150% did not work. 

Any advice would be very much appreciated. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report