Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RECOVER CORRUPT FILE

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BIMAbhi
1262 Views, 3 Replies

RECOVER CORRUPT FILE

How to recover corrupt file ?

It says "filename" is corrupt needs  to be manually recovered .

How to recover it ? (.bak file  is delete )

Thanks & Regards
BIMAbhi
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dennis
in reply to: BIMAbhi

Revit doesn't use .BAK, but instead, look for the filename followed by 001.rvt, or 002,rvt, or 003.rvt, and so on.  Also, any local file could be elevated to take the place of a Central that has become corrupt.  Otherwise, backups available?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dennis

I used to see those files like that, but they all of sudden have disappeared.  What settings should I check to get those files back.  As usual now is when I really need those files as Revit MEP 2012 just had a major crash (I had to kill it in Task Manager) I tried everything else; I could switch applications, and I could see that the CPU was being used at or above 80% and memory usage was 2.56GB on a (do not laugh) base memory of 3GB.  From my perspective I think that is simply ran out of memory, or request for memory timed out.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

TB

Message 4 of 4
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

There is a Restore Backup command under Collaborate that should let you restore a previous version of the file. Check wherever your local files are stored and try to restore one. Was this a central file or a local file that was corrupted?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report