I would like to know if it is possible to do this with a Space schedule:
I have a text parameter that someone will manually type in a number/letter combination into it.
I would like the schedule to go look at an Excel spreadsheet (aka a look up table .csv file like some of the pipe fittings use) and pull information in to populate various other parameters inside of the Space schedule.
Is this even possible?
We have a room code that tells us everything that needs to happen in that room (CFM's, Air changes, etc) and there is an Excel spreadsheet that contains all of that information. Instead of us having to hand type that information in, i would like to be able to pull it directly from the spreadsheet. Also I would want the Revit Space Schedule to update whenever there were changes to the Excel spreadsheet.
Thank you to any of ya'll that take a shot at this!!
Solved! Go to Solution.
So I worked out a solution, it's not smooth and it requires a little leg work, but it works for what I need.
I would love to hear of other ways that might make this easier....
Btw...no schedule keys required!
Also, watch the cell formatting, it didn't want me to bring in "+" or "EX" values on one of my columns, it had to be a numeric value.
Another note: if you happened to copy/paste info down below the info on the Space Excel sheet make sure you Deleted the info along with Clearing Cell contents and deleting those rows/columns...otherwise you will get an error when you try to bring that back into Revit.
1) Create a Room Schedule that has the Room Name, Room Number, and Room Code from the Arch's model.
Make sure the schedule linked files is selected
2) R/Export that room schedule
3) Open that room schedule in Excel
4) I have a template in Excel that does the look up information to another tab in the worksheet, I copy paste the info from the Room Schedule I exported into this worksheet, it populates a bunch of columns
5) Use the Imaginit Tool to Create an Export template for a Space that includes the desired items such as:
ElementID, Room Code Manual (this will bring back the Room code from the Arch's model), Code AC, etc
6) Export the Project Data from that Space Template you made in the Imaginit tool
7) Open up the Info that it exported in Excel
8) Copy/Paste into the Space worksheet the info you gathered from the worksheet you used the Room Schedule on
9) Save the Space worksheet
10) Imaginit/Excel/Import Project Data with that Space info
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.