Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on pressure drop calculations ASHRAE fitting types

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
stearnskl
1616 Views, 4 Replies

Question on pressure drop calculations ASHRAE fitting types

Looking for how revit selects the ASHRAE fitting type for fittings.

It appears that Revit defaults all the elbows to the CR3-1 Elbow, Smooth Radius, Without Vanes.

Any rectangular elbow gets the the above type, even if it's a mitered elbow.

Wondering if our fittings are from an old version and not working? Just think that the ASHRAE fitting should be stored in the family and not once it loads into the project.

Thanks,

K

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CoreyDaun
in reply to: stearnskl

I may be mistaken here and misinterpreting you (I'm an electrical user), but I don't think that Revit selects the appropriate Duct Fitting for you - I think it just defines the loss method. The default Fitting that is used is dictated by the Duct Type's Routing Preferences.

LossMethodASHRAE.JPG

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 5
stearnskl
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for the response, I understand how to set up routing preferences and choose what type of fittings I want.

I'm looking for how Revit selects the ASHRAE fitting type. Once the system is defined and well connected it will set the "Loss Method Settings" automatically for you. But when it does it only grabs (assuming this) the first elbow type in the list which is incorrect.

See attached word document. Are we supposed to go through and manually change all the fittings in the project? This doesn't seem very productive. Would like to use this feature of the software, but don't think I'll get anyone on board if we have to change each fitting to the correct type. To me this information should be stored in the family, but don't know if that would work for every fitting. Couldn't find much information in help for this.

Message 4 of 5
stearnskl

Guessing it's a problem that everyone is having. Was hoping for improvements in 2014.

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?139994-2013-and-incorrect-ASHRAE-duct-fitting-codes/page2&high...

Message 5 of 5
CoreyDaun

Gotchya. Unfortunately, this is something I cannot provide an answer to. You can await an answer here from a more knowledgeable user than myself (perhaps someone from Autodesk Support), but it might be a decent wait since this is a peer to peer forum. I will suggest posting this issue to the forums over at AUGI.com as well, but I can't promise that this will fetch a response.

Edit: Ah, I see that you've already checked out AUGI...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report