Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projecting Centerlines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jbecker
352 Views, 3 Replies

Projecting Centerlines

All elevation views including arch views with MEP linked model are displaying pipe, duct, conduit, etc. Centerlines as if they were projecting to the outside wall. (looks like buckshot crosshairs.

I am able to turn them off centerlines in VG but that is a big effort over many views.

Any thoughts on what can be controlling this apparent projection?

Elevation View.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
julianjameson8403
in reply to: jbecker

How about try using view templates to control the visibility of centrelines for various elements?

The view's detail level will also affect how these display.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
jbecker
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Yes, we are using view templates to correct the problem. Still a labor effort. Thanks.

The question is why the centerline "projection" is occurring in the first place. Are there any control options for centerlines which would limit the visibility?

I do not understand why (single example) a pipe 50 feet inside the building is "projecting" its centerline thru the outside wall. The pipe does even run perpindicular to the wall. It is a open end pipe not yet connected to anything else.

Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Message 4 of 4
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: jbecker

I would check the depth of the elevation to make sure the pipes that are showing are not in it. I would also check to see if depth clipping is on or off.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report