Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems viewing ductwork in underfloor system

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
405 Views, 2 Replies

Problems viewing ductwork in underfloor system

I'm designing a building that has an underfloor system under a portion of second level for ductwork feeding floor grilles. I set the whole floor's view ranges to meet the needs of the majority of the level, and created a plan region for the portion that has the underfloor system so i could see below the second level in just this area, otherwise I'd see the first floor walls in the rest of the areas. However, when I do this my underfloor equipment and duct fittings(elbows, transitions, and take-offs) show up great, but the ductwork doesn't show up at all. The ductwork is at the same elevation as the fittings and equipment, so I'm baffled as to why it wouldn't show up when everything else does. I hope someone out there can help me!! Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Probably not the answer you want to hear, but that is one of those "known issues". Plan regions don't work well with MEP objects, they work fine in revit architecture, but not MEP. I've had projects similar to what you are describing and found that the path of least resistance was to just create two separate views and place them on the sheets so that it appears to be one view.

The grid heads can get a little tricky with two adjacent views, but there's work-arounds for that too.

Sorry for the bad news,

John

Message 3 of 3
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous

As stated in another reply, the "Plan Region" feature is broke in RMEP.  A work around may be to actually select the objects and then right-click to access the "Hide in View" function.  However, be aware, the "Hide in View" function is buggy itself in that it will lose settings if you try to customize a view via the VG.  I have posted this issue in another thread ("TAB Select") which at this time no one from Adesk has responded whether the next release will "fix" the problem or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report