Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with copper pipe fittings in Revit MEP 2012

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CharlieS86
1097 Views, 8 Replies

Problem with copper pipe fittings in Revit MEP 2012

The families for fittings aren't changing sizes in my Revit MEP 2012.  I did some searching around for people who already asked this question and I learned what lookup tables are.  I downloaded them and put them in the right folder (See pic).  It still won't work even though I've copied the lookup tables, reloaded them, tried deleting them out of the project and putting them back in, starting a new project and bringing one in, etc. 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: CharlieS86

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Have you restarted Revit after placing the Lookup Tables into the correct folder?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
CharlieS86
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Yes, I've restarted Revit. Guess I forgot to mention that.  I've restarted the computer.  I've been trying to fix this for like a week.

Message 4 of 9
CoreyDaun

Can you post the Family and associated Lookup Tables here?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
CharlieS86

I got the generic autodesk ones from autodesk.com

then for the copper i got from the mueller website

any of these: http://www.catalogds.com/db/service?domain=mueller&command=browse&category=root

Message 6 of 9
CharlieS86

from the mueller website

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

I believe the problems here are due to the extremely limited flexibility of the Family itself, namely in the available sizes/bend angles listed in the Lookup Table (see image below). There are only a very few possibilities with this Family, for instance, one could only create an elbow for a 2" Pipe at a 22.5° or 11.25° angle. Period. One could then change the Pipe segments to 3" and it would work, since those are valid sizes in the Lookup Table, but if one attempts to change it to 4", bzzt - invalid. Or one wishes to change the angle of the 2" elbow to 90°, bzzt - invalid. This thing is not in good shape...

PipeLookupTable.JPG

Message 8 of 9
CharlieS86

Do you know where to get some good families for copper fittings if these ones are no good?  And how to set it up so that they connect like they're supposed to?

Like I said the generic autodesk ones weren't changing size either so IDK.

Message 9 of 9
CoreyDaun

I'm basically an electrical guy, so I'm not that great with Pipe Fittings. I would say either enter the numbers you need into the Lookup Table or check with another manufacturer's website or search using Autodesk Seek. Correcting the table may be a little bit of a pain if you are not familiar with Lookup Tables, so check out Revit Help for some more info.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report