Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Spot Elevation

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
max.a.hollander
1197 Views, 6 Replies

Problem with Spot Elevation

I have having trouble taging mechanical equipment with the spot elevation tag.  Its been working on my ducts and pipes but not on the heat pump water source component.  i want to put a spot elevation for the bottom of the equpiment.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: max.a.hollander

The Spot Tag cannot tag an element that is represented by Symbolic or Model Lines alone. That is, if all of the 3D elements (extrusions) in the family are not visible, the Spot Tag cannot target it.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7

I understand that the issue is that it only is happening in the file that im working in.

i created a new file with nothin in it to test if it is the component.  i placed the same mech equip componet i have in my file and was able to spot elevation bottom of equip in the new file.  the spot elevation workd fine everywhere else but this one component and works on that saem component in a diffent file but mine.

Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

Could you post the Family as an attachment? I'm not having luck recreating the situation.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
max.a.hollander
in reply to: CoreyDaun

So ive realized that this water source pump is not the one that we will be useing for this building bc we found a cheaper one. and the new water source pump spot elevates fine. id still like to know why it wasnt working in the subbasement lvl.

Message 6 of 7
CoreyDaun

The problem is that the extrusions within the family are set to be invisible in Plan View, and are instead represented by Symbolic Lines. See below...

GraphicsOverride.JPG

Message 7 of 7
max.a.hollander
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thank you very much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report