Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing Multiple PDF's: Revit Duplicates Some and Doesn't Print Others

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
xxjwilson
1985 Views, 3 Replies

Printing Multiple PDF's: Revit Duplicates Some and Doesn't Print Others

When printing multiple PDF's to separate files, using Revit MEP 2013/2014, some of the PDF's will be duplicated and others do not print at all. When you look at the list of PDF's they are all named correctly but upon opening you realize some are just duplicates of others in the list.

For Example you print sheets  E201A, E201B E201C. The result is all PDF's are named correctly but all 3 sheets are actually a copy of E201A.

This results in manually checking every sheet before sending them any where to ensure they are all who they say they are. This becomes very time consuming on large projects.

Side note, we have used BlueBeam and PDFill with similar results, it does not happen when printing all PDF's to a combined set, and happens less frequently after synchronizing, relinquishing and rebooting the program, though it still happens occasionally then too. It also seems to be worsened with the 2014 version of Revit.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: xxjwilson

The problem may not be with Revit. I typically use CutePDF and upon printing a set of Sheets to PDF, the user is prompted with a separate window to save the PDF, regardless of what location is specified by Revit. If one prints multiple PDF's to separate files, each file seem to essentially overlap the previous one before it can be saved.

Try testing this with Microsoft Word - open a multi-page document, print the first sheet individually to PDF, and then immediately print the second sheet to PDF. Do you get the same results?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
xxjwilson
in reply to: CoreyDaun

So far so good, I have not been able to re-produce the problem since installing CutePDF Writer. Now I just have to get the entire office to install it.Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 4
Evangraz
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I have Revit Architecture. This seems to be a common problem amongst Revit users. It doesnt happen in any other program. The Cute PDF writer does the same thing, in fact it is now printing 3 copies of a sheet instead of 2.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report