Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plotting too light

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
jfrog
4654 Views, 11 Replies

Plotting too light

Hi everyone...I know this is probably a simple question (Revit newbie)  

I'm using Revit MEP 2013 and plotting out a power plan, and the power symbols are all printing very faintly.   I've gone into the Visibility Overrides (VV) and haven't seen anything amiss.  (like, the halftone box isn't checked)

In the properties screen at the side of the page, the discipline is listed as Electrical, so I thought that would instruct it that electrical devices are dark.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jfrog

Are your power symbols of a color other than black/white? If so, under the Print dialog, go to "Setup...". Here, change the 'colors:' pull-down to "Black Lines".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 12
jfrog
in reply to: CoreyDaun

thanks. I just tried that...switched from "Grayscale" to "Black", and it plots the same. BTW, my electrical panels are plotting dark enough...but the devices (receptacles, data, tv) are not.
Message 4 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: jfrog

Do the elements appear halftone on the View? There could be more than one thing causing them to be so:

1. Is there a View Filter (under V/G, Filters tab) that's making anything halftone? Maybe like an entire Workset?

2. Could the Generic Annotations Category be half-tone? (under V/G, Annotation Categories tab)

Something to try: under the Print Setup again, try enabling the option "Replace halftone with thin lines".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

i have the same problem with revit 2013, which is my symbols is look too light in the screen and when i print it also, it  seems like halftone.

Message 6 of 12
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

In order to determine if the elements are actually being affected by some Halftone setting, go to Manage tab » Additional Settings Halftone/Underlay. Slide the scale to 100% and hit 'OK' (You can simple Undo it afterwards). If your symbols return to their appropriate boldness, then they are indeed under the effects of a Halftone setting. There are many possible causes for this, including, but not limited to:

- The elements belong to a Category that is "out-of-Discipline" (i.e., Generic Models in a Mechanical View).

- The View's Discipline is set to Architectural or Structural.

- The appropriate Model Category is marked as Halftone under Visibility/Graphics Overrides.

- The Generic Annotations Category (under Annotation Categories) under V/G Overrides is set to halftone.

- There is a View Filter that is somehow causing those elements to be half-tone.

- The visible elements are part of an Underlay - check "Underlay" under the View's Properties.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

thx for ur fast replay

I change the halftone to be 100% and the elements appeared so bright but it change the background also which i still need the background to be halftone and the symbols to be bright and actually it is not one symbol it is all the electrical symbols in plan.

Message 8 of 12
CoreyDaun

So that tells us that they are actually being made halftone somehow, and it's not just a color setting or graphics issue. Did you check the possible causes on the list I provided in my previous response? It's impossible for me to give you a definite answer without any information or seeing it myself.

If you have gone through that previous list, here's a few more questions aimed at narrowing down the cause:

- Is this happening on *all* Views? Try creating a new View (no View Template) and see if they still appear that way.

- If you change the View's Discipline to Coordination, do the symbols appear correctly?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

I see now something wearied ,i notes that the symbols is on work set 1 which is related to the background so I change it to be electrical then the background change automatically to be electrical also, they are somehow related to each other how can i solve this issue, how can i separate the devices away from the workset related to the background?  

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

sorry now they are separate worksets but still the problem, yes all the symbols is light 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

I change the disciple to coordination but it is still light

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

i solve it , thx for your help, it was the display model in halftone when i change it to normal everything looks pretty.

many thx

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report