Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Placing Demo Content

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dtiemeyer
595 Views, 1 Reply

Placing Demo Content

We have a project that is a renovation project. The arch has done a good job providing walls that are correctly phased as demo/new. However I cannot find a way to place my content as 'demo' content. I can only seem to place it in the new work plan then change the phase. Is there any way to pre-define the phase settings before you place families/types?

The current process is this:

1) in the demo plan, place your content

2) it shows on the screen and allows you to locate it, but the instant you click to place, you get the Revit lower-right corner dialog that says your content is not displayed in this view

3) switch to a new work plan and find the 'floating' content (because it was hosted to a demo wall that doesnt show on the new work plan)

4) change the phase of the content so it disappears from the demo plan

5) switch back to the demo plan, tag/annotate the content you just placed.

Seems convoluted. Anybody have a better process?

Thanks

Dustin

My other CAD is a Cadillac and I like to Revit to the Max!
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: dtiemeyer

When an element is placed, it is assigned a Phase Created based upon the Phase of the current View, and is NOT assigned a Phase Demolished (hence considered 'new'). Since a Demo View's current Phase is "New Construction", and the Phase Filter turns off New Elements, the newly placed elements appear to vanish.

When setting up initial views, I recommend creating three per floor - Existing, Demolition, and New Construction, with these settings.

View              Phase                         Phase Filter                     Purpose

Existing          Existing                       Show Complete                Place ALL existing elements here.

Demo            New Construction        Show Previous + Demo    Set the desired existing elements to Demolished.

New               New Construction        Show Previous + New      Place ALL new elements here.

The process will be to draw all of the existing elements in an Existing View and then navigate to a Demo View to mark the desired elements as Demolished.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report