Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping systems

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wils02
328 Views, 2 Replies

Piping systems

If there is an expert out there,

I am attempting to create piping systems, and getting stuck at the same points. I need someone who knows what they are talking about to help me grasp what is actually going on, and what Revit is doing.

The main problem is the description of "flow direction mismatch", but after checking each pipe the flow is correct in the pipe. How is Revit analyzing my system and determining that there is a flow direction mismatch? Also, why is there a serious lack of built in features that help debug these errors? System inspector does not work unless the system is properly connected --- why does this make sense? Check piping systems only gives you a general errror and does not appear to break the problem down into traceable steps.

If someone has some knowledge I would appreciate any help I can get at understanding how Revit is working behind the scene.

Sincerely

wilson

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: wils02

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups! Sorry for the delay of response.

To begin, my proficiencies lie mostly with Electrical and general platform issues, but I have address some Ducting/Piping Systems problems in the past. Would you be able to post a sample Project File? Also, what version of Revit are you using?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
wils02
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Corey,

Well, I thinking I had a breakthrough yesterday, and ended up getting all of my systems working properly. However, I am still unsure of what linking connectors is actually doing?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report