Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piping System Classification Changed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
pverduzco
1436 Views, 2 Replies

Piping System Classification Changed

IN Revit 2013 MEP 

Plumbing

I have a piece of pipe all by itself that is HW I want to make it HWR so I click on it and change it in the (SYSTEM TYPE) from HW to HWR. Mind you this pipe is not connected to anything its just a piece of pipe floating in the air about 11 ft. all alone. So after I change it to HWR the HW pipe near by also changes to HWR. They are in no may connected together. Can anyone explain why this happens. I end up drawing pipe over again because it can't be changes independently. 

Granted at one time it was HW but its not connected to anything. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
abulla
in reply to: pverduzco

"Granted at one time it was HW but its not connected to anything. "

That's the reason you're seeing this behavior. If you tab through the HW pipe until you can select the system itself, you'll probably see that pipe is still part of the HW system. If that is the case, you will have to draw the pipe from scratch and assign it to a HWR system like you've done.

Note that if that HWR pipe ever gets reconnected to the HW pipes, you may get some system jumping behavior again. We've been placing a pipe fitting or a pipe accessory like a valve between system separations to make sure they won't jump.

Message 3 of 3
pverduzco
in reply to: abulla

Thanks for the info, I thought that would be the case. I have been redrawing pipe to the correct system. Also placing valves were the two systems meet. But still am weary of the two connecting.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report