Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipework disappeared in plan

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
564 Views, 9 Replies

Pipework disappeared in plan

I have drawn pipe work that appears underneath other pipes, emerging later in the run. I can see the pipes in 3D and in section, but not in plan.

I have changed my view properties, even though I can see pipes at higher and lower level than the invisible ones, but this doesn't work. Is there a setting in the program that turns off pipework when it overlaps?

It seems to happen when I connect to the boiler. I can draw a pipe at the same level which is detached and it works, just disappears when a connection to the unit is made. Edited by: Elvis_DDA on Feb 16, 2009 5:11 PM
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
jade.l
in reply to: Anonymous

Just make a guess.
Typing Double V to check the visibility and graphic, go to the filter. After the connection, the pipe belongs to some system. Maybe the system is set as invisible in the filter by accident ?

jade.l

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks jade, that shortcut is great. Turned everything on though, including other disciplines, and nothing happened 😞

I've also changed the discipline to coordination and still nothing appears. I'm running out of ideas.
Message 4 of 10
jade.l

Anything wrong with the boiler? How about using sink as a test?
Let us wait for others' idea.

jade.l

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

I think you're right. All the connectors in the boiler work except the hot water outlet. I'm going to delete and redraw the connector and extrusion and see if it changes anything. I've probably made a mistake with constraints.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

It doesn't work on the sink either. Seems to be connections to water pipes that make them disappear. Can't find anything to suggest why though. Is there anything else I should be looking for in visibility options?
Message 7 of 10
jade.l

How about swithing into plumbing plan view? Is it the sink/boiler in the revit library?

jade.l

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Yeah I tested it with one of the default sinks, as soon as I connect the pipe to the connector, it disappears. Before then I can see it.

I've cycled through every discipline and sub-discipline and still I can't see it in plan. There's nothing on reveal hidden elements.

I'm sure I saw something about visibility in plan, like you can do with lines in family editor, but can't seem to find a setting for pipework.
Message 9 of 10
jade.l

I did a test with default lavatory - oval.rfa using system-default template. I didn't have your problem.
In the default mechnical plan view, connect a pipe into the hot water, I got the warning " None of the created elements.........". The pipe disappeared. As I said before, I adjust the filter in the VG dialogue. check the domestic, the pipe can be seen again. Or I directly switch to 1- Plumbing view, the pipe is also there.

jade.l

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

It worked! As soon as I saw that screenshot it dawned on me straight away, I was in the wrong tab! Thanks so much for your help! Much appreciated 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report