Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipework colours in realistic visual style

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
lsop1409
2338 Views, 7 Replies

Pipework colours in realistic visual style

I have drawn a number of pipes on different services and all show as solid red when visual style is set to realistic.

In visibility/graphics 'pipe' has no overrides

In object styles 'pipe' has no overrides

In my actual piping system selected in the project browser i have changed colours via the graphic overrides, eg. blue for mains cold water, red for heating flow, pink for heating return etc. These colours show on the outside of my pipes in realistic style as lines ok, but the actual pipes are all still red.

Does anyone know where revit is getting these colours from? I would like to see my pipes solid filled with the colurs i have specified, not al in red, with correct colour outline?

Cheers

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Could be filters or pipe fill legend or materials that have a surface colour. Any of those fix it?

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 8

it is none of those mentioned, but revit applies this solid red colour to all views when they are placed in realistic style. I don't know where revit is getting that solid colour from?

Message 4 of 8

Your pipe systems have no materials applied to them - as per the attached screenshot?

This is the most likely cause because it is happening in a shaded view style.

Thank you!
Message 5 of 8

All of my piping systems have the field 'material' set to <by category> as in your attached screenshot?

The outline shows as the correct colour i have set them to, but shows solid fill red as per the attached.

Message 6 of 8

What version of Revit are you using?

Thank you!
Message 7 of 8

I'm guessing you are using 2013.

If so then I think I have your answer. When creating new segments in pipe settings, you can specify the material properties of the objects which you couldn't before.

Instead of this just being a material property name, now it links to the revised materials editor so you get a realistic shading in the realistic mode.

It didn't occur to me that you were using 2013 as haven't used it much on project work.

Thank you!
Message 8 of 8

Hi, yes I am using 2013, thanks for the input, i'll take a look and have a play around with the materials editor.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report