Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe pressure calculations

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
karenstone1548
454 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe pressure calculations

We've got a couple of projects where we're being required to do some pressure pipe modeling for our fire lines, like head loss / pressure (for example, what's going on at the fire hydrant if all the sprinklers are running & the toilets all get flushed at once). We're on Civil3d, and a differnt group in our company has Revit Structural. Does AutoDesk or any 3rd party vendor have a product that would do something like this?

(please forgive my ignorance... I'm from the land development side...)

thanks,
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: karenstone1548

How much are you trying to calculate?
Assuminmg the design loads are available from the people who designed the Sprinklers and Hydraulics, you should be able to calculate the effect on you hydrant main by hand (or spreadsheet).
If you dont have this info, perhaps you should start by requesting it.
Message 3 of 5
soma99
in reply to: karenstone1548

Hi,

If you can give me exactly what your are looking for may be we can help you out.

I am not able to clealry get your requirement or you planning to model your pipes when the pressure is given as an input.

I am from the Engineering and IT consulting division of a Manufacturing House.

You can mail me soma@bwir.com, and based on your requirements i shall also discuss with my Engineering team here.

Regards
Sathish S
Message 4 of 5
JeffOBrien
in reply to: soma99

We are having issues with piping calculations in REvit MEP 2012, does anyone know of someone to contact for questions?  and if so please submit contact information.

Message 5 of 5
embolisim
in reply to: JeffOBrien

Try starting a new post outling the issues you are having.

People on here are pretty helpful & always willing to share their knowledge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report