Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe flow arrow (tag)

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WheelerCJ
2045 Views, 1 Reply

Pipe flow arrow (tag)

Hello,

I need to create a symbol to represent a flow arrow on a pipe and I'm thinking a pipe tag would be the best way to achieve this? can also have a flip parameter on it. The main thing I'm asking is how can I get it to inherit the system properties so it picks up the colour of the pipework from the filter applied - for example If I insert a pipe accessory it will turn the same colour as the pipe as dertermined by the filter.

Was wondering if anyone had already created something similar.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

A Tag cannot inherit the System Properties of the host, nor can it be the subject of Graphic Overrides other than V/G and By-Element Overrides. It also cannot have an easy "flip" control, the best you could do is to have two Types with inversely controlled arrowhead graphics.

There is currently no intelligent method of accomplishing this; you basically have to create a Family to place over the Pipes and manually set the direction. I've search this board for it and found no good info, but others have asked this, too. Use the link below (which is frequently supplied by Autodesk Support Personnel) to provide feedback to Autodesk Support.

Autodesk Product Support

The following link is setup for you to submit feature requests, or feedback, directly to our Development group:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report