Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe drop symbol not trimming inner pipe at specific elevations

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
nmulder34
527 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe drop symbol not trimming inner pipe at specific elevations

I cannot find the solution to my little problem. Having used Revit extensively for the last 3 years I am surprised I have not had this problem before...or I have forgotten how to solve it.

Refer to attached images. View detail is coarse or single line. Piping is at 9'. Elbow or tee of other pipe is at 9' 7". The drop symbol does not 'trim' the lower/inner pipe at 9'. This happens 9'7" down to 9'4" (lowest acceptable height with room for fittings). However, if I raise the other pipe to 9'8" or higher it displays correctly. The inner/lower 9' pipe is trimmed out of the drop symbol.

What am I missing?  

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ajax05k
in reply to: nmulder34

The only Solutions i can think of are
1. Increase the offset of the top pipe[ obviously no need for me to tell, but then...]
2. Try using the 30 degree elbow.
3. Create a new filter of pipe fittings and hide those particular elbows [by giving type mark] which produces these type of problems.

Ajay K. HVAC Designer, BIM Modeler
Message 3 of 3
nmulder34
in reply to: ajax05k

Sorry I didn't post sooner. I submitted a request to Autodesk regarding this issue. The response was that they were aware of the issue and hope to address it in future releases. I have not tested 2015 to see if it has been fixed yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report