Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe display query

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WheelerCJ
337 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe display query

Hello,

I have a number of soil stacks running up risers and popping out at roof level. These have a number of connections to them at verious different level throughout the building. My Single line drop symbol is set to ' Bend - 3/4 circle which is what I want but I'm confused as to why my stacks that are popping out at roof level are showing with the symbol? I would of expected them to be an empty circle or maybe I'm wrong?

See below. Section cut showing stack popping through roof level and plan very showing 3/4 circle symbol.

Pipe section.JPG

Pipe plan.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jkarben
in reply to: WheelerCJ

In order for a pipe to show the up symbol it must pass through the "Top" of the view range.

You have the top of the view range set to 4000 units above the roof level, which appears to be above the top of the sanitary stack. Can you reduce that number?

Options if you don't want to lower the top of the view range:

• Try a plan region
  • Masking region circle placed over top of the pipe.
Message 3 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

It's hard to determine without seeing the Project. It could be a few things, I believe, such as an incorrect symbol definition under the Pipe System's Type Properties.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Having the pipe extend beyond the top view range isn't always the best option or lowering the top view range. This can create other visibility issues with the links.

I would create a family, like a rain / chinaman cap. Once it is connected to the top of the pipe it will display the family symbology which will be round.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report