Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe display in Project

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
WheelerCJ
1002 Views, 24 Replies

Pipe display in Project

Hi,

I mentioned this problem a while ago and I still havent found a fix. All my pipes and fittings display really bad in my project. They print/pdf no problem and look fine but it's becoming very hard to work with these pipes and fittings because it's difficult to snap/align to them.

Also any link file displays really poorly with lots of jagged lines but again plots fine.

I have attached some images to try and help you understand what I'm faced with.

Is there any way I could export my whole project to a new project because I don't have this issue when I open a new project and start drawing pipework.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

If it helps I can send the project. It's about 19MB so probably too big to load on here.

Tags (1)
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That sounds like hard work. 😞

Why can't I move this project base point without getting the above error?? 😞

Message 22 of 25
CoreyDaun
in reply to: WheelerCJ

It appears that it is not a matter of the distance from the Project Base Point, but rather from Revit's Program Base Point.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 23 of 25
WheelerCJ
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I'm back again.

I have managed to get the project base point and shared point up next to the project and I thought that was it! but no, still poor display. One thing I have noticed is that if I draw pipe horz or vert it displays with nice straight ends (no display issue) but the minute I put any sort of an angle on the pipe the jagged lines appear.

I have tried detaching any linked files but that hasn't solved anything.

What about work planes etc could something like that be wrong? I'm really disperate now so any suggestion might be the fix! The project is getting very detailed and Its becoming very very difficult to work with. My boss seems to think because I'm the CAD guy I should know how to fix it :(.

untitled.JPG

Message 24 of 25
WheelerCJ

I have just hit 'show the work plane' and its not aligned to the project. Should it be? would that make any difference?

untitledff.JPG

Message 25 of 25
CoreyDaun

The work plane square is just an indication of where the plane is. Your model is on an angle so it just looks strange, but it doesn't have any impact on your model. I don't think that I have any solutions to offer besides moving the entire project. What happens to the graphics if you import your model into a blank project via "Load as Group", then Ungroup it?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report