Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe connector visability

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1374 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe connector visability

I'm making a fan coil unit to be two-pipe with a 4-pipe check mark(using the yes/no parameter). I can get it to work fine with the extrusions my pipes connect to, however I can't get the pipe connectors to turn off as well. Is there a way to adjust the pipe connector visability with a yes/no parameter? I'd like to turn this off so it's not so confusing for young users that aren't sure which connectors to connect to. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jrobker
in reply to: Anonymous

I kinda remember reading way back about one guy, who I think might have done this.

I think it involved black magic if I remember right.

Some crazy combinations of if and and statements and eye of newt.

I can't remember, Try doing a google search.

AFAIK this currently cannot be completed and is a wish list item.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 4
embolisim
in reply to: Jrobker

I've seen somebody post that you can make the connectors an array & use the array value to control the number of connectors.

Only works if they are equi spaced obviously.

I haven't tried this myself yet, so please post back if you try it.

Cheers.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: embolisim

I just experimented with that - you cannot array a connector because it cannot be grouped. But you can, however, host the connector to one of the arrayed groups.

Test #1 - Connector hosted to the third Group of an array

When you eliminate the host by lowering the array number, the connector vanishes. If you are in the family editor, it is never to be seen again. When I loaded it into a project and tried it, I could indeed hide the connector, but it moved the icon to an arbitrary location. Clicking on this icon caused Revit to die horribly. Be careful when dabbling in the Black Arts, I guess.

Test #2 - Connector hosted to the third Group of an embedded array

The connector will stay with the last element of the array. The connectors are more stubborn and cannot be hidden here.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report