Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Threaded Fittings Connector Gender Male/Female

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
danielkazado
1677 Views, 2 Replies

Pipe Threaded Fittings Connector Gender Male/Female

While creating Threaded Pipe Fittings, how can we set the Connector as Male/Female. And if it is Female the Engagement Length. 

It mentions in Help that Connector Gender can be set as Male/Female. 

In addition as it is described in FamiliesGuideMEPMetENU.pdf document,  I can not see the Element Panel as below mentioned in the document . I do think the settings may be in this panel.

225 Click Modify Connector Element tab ➤ Element panel ➤ Element Properties.

Thanks

DK

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: danielkazado

Hi DK, Welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

I definitely see where >This< Help page mentions "Connector Gender Type" and "Engagement Length", but I cannot find those Parameters anywhere under the Pipe Connector's Properties. I tried changing Part Type, Family Category, and System Classification, but to no avail. Also, I've searched this forum and the AUGI forums and found nada. Perhaps this was something that was not actually implemented in Revit 2014 but it somehow was included in help??

Edit: I also fail to find the "Connector Joint Type" as mentioned by that same Help page...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
danielkazado
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Thanks for your reply, I am also have gone through all you mentioned and no result yet. 

I also downloaded several families mentioned to have threaded connector but none has a gender description.

The problem is a threded TEE is connecting a threded ELBOW without and union or pipe which is upcoming a bigger mistake for quantity takeoff and even coordination.

Hope we will have Male/Female as it is in Autocad MEP.

Thanks

Daniel Kazado

Daniel Kazado

Please use Accept as Solution if your question is answered.
You may Give Kudos if the answer is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report