Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Size Tag

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Hugh_Compton
8321 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Size Tag

Hello I've been playing with shared parameters etc but can't seem to get the tag for pipe fittings to display the size correctly. Revit by default insists on putting two sizes when I tag a fitting i.e. ABS, Union, 65 mm - 65 mm I would prefer the tag to have just one size i.e. ABS, Union, Dia 65. Does anyone know how to add a parameter that will convert the size to just one number? Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Hugh_Compton

As you mentioned, you could use a Shared Parameter:

1. Create your Shared Parameter* as a Length parameter.

2. Open the fitting family for editing and go to Family Types. (icon with four blue squares on the ribbon)

3. Under 'Parameters' click "Add...". Select "Shared Parameter", click "Select..." and choose yours from the list. Make sure that you make this an Instance parameter! Click 'OK'.

4. For this parameter, under Formula, enter the name of the parameter that defines the size. (i.e. "Nominal Diameter"). Click 'OK'.

5. Load this Family back into your Project, overwriting the previous.

6. Now, Tag the fitting (you may have to load a Tag), select the tag, and open the Family for Editing.

7. Select the Label (the text), and under Properties, click "Edit..." which is beside 'Label'.

8. Add you Shared Parameter to the list using the button on the lower left.

9. Remove all of the size parameters (if any) and add your Shared Parameter via the 'green arrow' button.

10. Select your Shared Parameter on the right pane and click the button below to set the format (Imperial Only). You can add "ø" as a suffix if desired.

11. (Imperial Only) Clear the checkbox for 'Use project settings' and check the box for "Suppress 0 feet". (I doubt you want to show the zero feet in your tag!) Click 'OK', and 'OK' again.

12. Load this Family back into you Project, overwriting the previous version.

*If you need more info on how to do this, search this forum. I know there's a lot of info on this.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
Hugh_Compton

Brilliant answer, works a treat!  Thank you. 

Now I need to work out how to do a union which is plain to threaded........don't suppose somebody has an example family they could post?

Message 4 of 4
thanhnv

Dear Guys,

I found an easier solution. What you need to do is just go to tab: Manage/Project Units. choose discipline: Piping. then find the pipe size. remove the Unit symbol in the format. It's done.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report