Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Fitting Problem

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
653 Views, 3 Replies

Pipe Fitting Problem

I have 2No. 200 steel district heating mains that run through a building. The pipes need to run along at a slope of 4 degrees, but when I try and draw this pipework at 4degs, it will not put a fitting in when the pipework needs to run straight. I've look at the elbow family - Butt Welded - CS, and I can't see anything that limits the angle.It will work at 5 degrees, but anything less it doesn't and that doesn't help me at all. 

Any help appreciated.

Regards

revit.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Sandleaz
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried going to the mechanical settings and editting the value there?  It might be defaulted to 5 degrees.

Elbow Angle Setting.jpg

Othewise, see if you can create your own pipe elbow at the angle you want.  

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Unfortuantly that setting doesn't apply to this, more to do with auto routing. And before anyone else suggests, it's not pipe connector tollerance either. I ended up making a family with the specific angle needed. It appears to be a bug in Revit, as I can't see why there would be a constraint like this

Tags (4)
Message 4 of 4
phpennington

Don't you just love it.....I've struggled with fitting limitations in some projects while other BIM files will let me make a change of direction with a fitting (elbow) at as little as 2 degrees. Welded condensate piping and also vertical risers getting around structure....love the architects that are taking even more of our space away because Revit shows it's not needed.....

If you ever figure it out I'd love to know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report