Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe Elbow Size Display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bvm76
1404 Views, 4 Replies

Pipe Elbow Size Display

i have a problem with the pipe elbow not working as expected. Please see attached. Elbow size is not the same as pipe.

any help will be much appreciated!

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: bvm76

Your drawing does not give enough information to give a solution. What kind of families are you using? Are those pipes/ducts and pipe/duct fittings? Are they connected to eachother, how is the family build (parameter use)?

If you could post the families used and/or project used, forum members could have a better understanding of what is going on and give better advice.

Also, look in the default (Autodesk) libraries and look at several (elbow) families and see how they are build up.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 3 of 5
bvm76
in reply to: L.Maas

As per my previous post, the family in question is PIPE ELBOW and the elbow is from OOTB. I did not change any of the pipe routing preference and this is as per standard set-up when the program was installed.
Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered!
Thank You.
Message 4 of 5
L.Maas
in reply to: bvm76

Hi

I can not find a PIPE ELBOW family in my setup, maybe due to different libraries installed.

What might be causing the problem is that the elbow is missing its lookup-table. Many of the fittings use a lookup table which is used for sizing the family (check your PIPE ELBOW Family).

For example in my project I might use the family:"Elbow - Generic.rfa" it is in my case located in:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Libraries\UK\Pipe\Fittings\Generic

The lookup table: "Elbow - Generic.csv" is located in

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2014\Lookup Tables\Pipe

If in the family the parameter "Lookup Table Name" is empty or pointing to a wrong or non-existing lookup table the behaviour you describe can happen.

The above mentioned directories might difffer on your sytem because it might vary with Revit verisons an operating systems.

Louis

EESignature

Please mention Revit version, especially when uploading Revit files.

Message 5 of 5
abulla
in reply to: L.Maas

You'll have to edit your Revit.ini file in order to path your lookup tables correctly.

For Revit 2013, the Revit.ini file is located here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2013

For Revit 2014, the Revit.ini file is located here:

C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit 2014

Check the line in the ini file that points to whatever folder your lookup tables are stored.

lookup_table_location.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report