Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameters in Titleblock family

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dms
Explorer
666 Views, 8 Replies

Parameters in Titleblock family

I am facing the problem with the labels which i assign to mine title block.

Some of the parameters act simultaneously in all sheets i created i.e. suppose i have Title (label in the titleblock family) on sheet which is unique for all sheets.

And i have to update it seperately on all sheets, then how to create that kind of parameter for that label in Titleblock.

I tried by creating the parameter by using a shared parameter from REXExtensions.2012.txt. But the problem still continues.

Please help me out.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
julianjameson8403
in reply to: dms

If I understand your question correctly, you need to consider how the parameter is to behave - Type or Instance. Type acts simultaneously (As you mentioned) and instance works for each instance of the family.

So in your example - Title would be an instance.

Type and Instance parameters are not the same thing as Shared parameters. Shared parameters are required to allow scheduling but behave as either Type or Instance.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 9
dms
Explorer
in reply to: julianjameson8403

Actually my query was, if you have observed that during the title block editing we place labels with parameters.

So when we are selecting the parameters there are various parameters already provided.

But if we want anything other from that we have create a parameter seperataly that time the parameter which is generated acts as shared and instance parameter.

But i have to create a shared as well as type parameter, So how can we do that.

Please reply.

Message 4 of 9
julianjameson8403

Apart from the ones already in the Title Sheet family, what other type parameters did you need?

Can you not use the Shared instance parameters and then batch manipulate the values in a schedule in the model itself?

Thank you!
Message 5 of 9
mdwWY17

Here is my routine to add parameters to my title sheets.

1. To add parameters to my title sheet:

1.1. I had to add parameters to my shared parameters file.

1.2. Place the shared parameters in the title sheet via labels.

1.3. Add the shared parameters to the project parameters list in the project that will use the title sheet.

1.3.1. Check the categories the parameter is to be used with. In this case “Project information” and possibly “Drawing Sheets”. It has to be an instance parameter otherwise you won't find "Project information" or "Drawing Sheets".

1.3.1.1. When “drawing sheets” was checked the parameter seemed to be unique to each sheet.

1.3.1.2. When just “Project information was checked the parameter value was the same for all sheets

To access the Parameters, select the title block on the sheet.

Hope this helps

MDW

Message 6 of 9
dms
Explorer
in reply to: mdwWY17

Suppose that i have to use the current revision of sheet and i turned it On also from properties,

But th way which we use the Drawing sheet revision style is as follows,

For Issued for approval sheets we use  P0, P1, P2, & so on until it is sanctioned.

As soon as it is sanctioned we

Issue the drawing for construction with revision mark as  R0, R1, R2 & so on.

So please tell me how to do this on the sheet.

waiting for reply.

Message 7 of 9
CoreyDaun

We found that it was easier to just use dumb Text in the Title Block to accomplish a very reliable, global effect on all of the Sheets, in lieu of the Revision Schedule. Just because a tool is available to you, doesn't mean you should always use it.

⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗
Welcome to the Autodesk forums, dms!
Feel free to post any questions you may have! There are many experienced users here who generously contribute their time and effort to supporting
their peers. This is an open, peer-supported forum, so feel free to contribute any useful information or experiences to any of the topics you see here.
We hope you'll stick around a while and help strengthen the value of this community!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Be sure to review the Ground Rules, visit the FAQ Forum, and use the Search feature prior to posting a question, as it's likely been asked before.
⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗⸗

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 8 of 9
julianjameson8403

We use a combination of methods which I guess depends on where you are in the world and how you use revisions when issuing.

I'm assuming from CADastrophe's response (and from what I've noticed from my US colleagues) that  the revision schedule in the sheet is the only source of revision number and hence the dumb text.

In the UK we have the revision number in the bottom right corner of the sheet and that is driven by an instance parameter. We also use the revision schedule to describe the purpose of issue/changes and we use the same method as mentioned by CADastrophe.

Unfortunately, due to the limitation of Revit's in-built revision system, we have to do this manual work around and this can lead to mistakes. Ideally the revision systems would be more flexible to allow duplicate letters/numbers, etc.

Thank you!
Message 9 of 9

It's all situational - we've done it the traditional way, more often actually. It depends on the architect's methods of labeling the revisions. And it would be a great thing if there was a separate parameter for Revision Label, I think. But there is a work-around that exists for that: If you use the "Issued To" field as a label, you can change the Revision Tag to report that instead of the Revision Number. Just a little bit of manual work is needed, though.

Now I'm curious as to the revision number in the bottom right of the sheet, Julian - is this the current revision number?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report