Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panelboard Schedule - Room tags to Display from Template

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
brittenr
2461 Views, 1 Reply

Panelboard Schedule - Room tags to Display from Template

Hello,

Very new Revit MEP 2012 user here.  I've been working with an engineering/architectural firm since October and have been learning the ropes for Revit MEP.  Currently, the electrical department links the architectural, mechanical, structural, and plumbing models, working on a local file with the ability to sync and save to a shared central file.  As an electrical designer, we place room tags to our floor plans loaded in from the architectural model.  These tags are movable, but not editable.  It would be a huge help to the electrical department (and speed up our work flow) to set the panel schedule template to display room numbers for the location of each circuit's home-run.  Currently, we have to do this manually, which is very tedious and prone to error.   Often architects will go in and change the room numbers, forcing us to go back and do the whole process over again.  I know that once changes in tags are made in their architectural model, it also changes the placed tags in our model.  Is there any way to create a column within our panelboard schedule template to display room numbers?  I have attached a screenshot of our current panel template.

Hopefully my question is clear.  Still learning the Revit language! Robot Happy

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
CoreyDaun
in reply to: brittenr

Hello, and welcome to the Discussion Groups!

Unfortunately, there is no automation to this process. When a circuit is created, it will general a default circuit name, but this value is just a default text string and does not retain any intelligence or connection to the original data. The only tool available within the Revit Software that may be of help with load names is "Update Names" which is available in Panel Schedule Views. There may be third-party add-ins that exist for tasks such as this, but I do not know of any specifically.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report