Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Type is not matching Transformer Type (Power)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
KHookCAD
2489 Views, 3 Replies

Panel Type is not matching Transformer Type (Power)

I created a Distribution Panel Family to be used in a project. When I try to create a circuit between my Panel Family and the "out of the box" Revit 75kva transformer it is giving me a Warning stating, it cannot assign the panel to Circuit because it does not match the type (Power) for the circuit.

Is this a voltage or wattage parameter in my Distribution Panel Family that is making it not jive with the type (Power) of the transformer?

Forgive my rather elementary questions. I've been using MEP for the last two years, just started using/learning Revit a couple months ago.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: KHookCAD

In your Panel Family under Family Category and Parameters, is the Part Type set to "Other Panel"? If the Panel is intended for Power Circuiting, than this should be set to either "Panelboard" or "Switchboard".

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 4
KHookCAD
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That makes sense.

Now its giving me the warning stating; Cannot assign the Panel to circuit. There is no assigned distribution system for the Panel Board.

When I go to select the Distribution System in the drop down menu there is nothing to select. How do I make it possible to edit the Distribution Systems? I have entered a value to the voltage parameter of the Panel Board and it still not working for me...

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: KHookCAD

For every Panel or Transformer that you place in a Project, you have to assign a Distribution System to it before it can be used to host circuits. This can be done by selecting the element in the Project and using the pull-down on the options bar (under the ribbon), select an appropriate Distribution System. For Transformers, you must also assign a Secondary Distribution System, which is located under the element's Properties.

If there are no options available, then there is no applicable Distribution System defined that can accommodate the electrical settings (voltage/poles) of that equipment. These are defines in Electrical Settings, and if you need any assistance there, just ask!

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report