Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Schedules and Load Classifications showing up on multiple panels

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Chris1234569
3123 Views, 7 Replies

Panel Schedules and Load Classifications showing up on multiple panels

I've been working on a project that has gone relatively smooth for me (getting more experienced with Revit), but I just noticed that the load calculations are screwed up. I noticed I had "Equipment" load listed with a 1010VA load on both my panels (one panel 120/208V, other panel 347/600V). I was able to figure out what the load as ceiling fans. The odd part for me is that the ceiling fans are connected to the 120/208V panel, but this same load shows up in both panel schedules.

Does anyone know why?

I also have the same issue with a load classification "Power" with 4000VA on each panel. I haven't figured out exactly what that is yet.

And just to add to the issue, there are items not showing up on the schedule. I have motor loads connected and they're not to be seen in the load classification.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Chris1234569

Hi Chris, and welcome to the DIscussion Groups!

Would you be able to post a sample Project file? Either recreate in a new Project or save your Project as a separate file (Detach from Central if Worshared), Purge Unused as much as you can, and then manually delete any remaining MEP Fitting Families from the Project Browser. That should get the file small enough to post here.

**Note that some users have experience difficulties with attachments in these forums; I would suggest first visiting the Test Board to ensure that your attachments are working properly.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 8
Chris1234569
in reply to: CoreyDaun

Hi Corey,

I can't seem to get the file to get it into a range that works for the upload. I tried to replicate the problem and annoyingly it won't do it. It has to do it just on a big project lol. I'm not sure what it is.

Message 4 of 8
CoreyDaun

I've received you file via file transfer.

Chris1234569 wrote:

"I've been working on a project that has gone relatively smooth for me (getting more experienced with Revit), but I just noticed that the load calculations are screwed up. I noticed I had "Equipment" load listed with a 1010VA load on both my panels (one panel 120/208V, other panel 347/600V). I was able to figure out what the load as ceiling fans. The odd part for me is that the ceiling fans are connected to the 120/208V panel, but this same load shows up in both panel schedules."

Your 120/208V (which contains the "equipment" load) is fed from a transformer which is in turn fed from your 347/600V panel; the schedule of which displays all of the downstream loads as wells as its own. You can verify this by disconnecting the Transformer from the panel.

I'm still looking into the other issue...

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 8
CoreyDaun

Chris1234569 wrote:

"...And just to add to the issue, there are items not showing up on the schedule. I have motor loads connected and they're not to be seen in the load classification."

And just as I posted that last message, I've identified the cause: the motor Family has been mistakenly set to the Electrical Equipment family, i assume. By changing it to the Mechanical Equipment Category, the loads will register as desired. Note that by changing the Family's Category and redefining it in the Project, all of the dependent Tags will be deleted (since they are now of an invalid Category).

On a side note, I would suggest creating an Electrical Circuit Schedule containing Panel, CCT#, Load Name, Voltage, Load, Load Classification, and perhaps Family Category (to check for further errors in Families) to help you manage and track the Electrical Circuits in your Project.

Message 6 of 8
Chris1234569

Thanks for looking into this Corey. It's greatly appreciated. 

I know I screwed up something and put it in the wrong family. I guess it was the motor. It's one of those things I'm so deep in a project that I start working around my problems instead of figuring them out as I tend to run out of time.

My interaction from an electrical perspective to the mechanical equipment hasn't always gone well. 

My own motor, with it's own motor symbol seemed to work well. I'm thinking next project, I'm just going to make a tag with the motor symbol for mechanical equipment. So I'm only really tagging the equipment instead of making another motor, just for the sake of having an electrical symbol.

I want to thank you again for taking the time to look and seeing what I messed up. I know it takes time and it's appreciated.

Every project I get under my belt, I seem to pick up new things and get better at it. So thank you for helping.

Message 7 of 8
CoreyDaun

I think it would be worthwhile to try to work something out between your electrical and mechanical department to take full advantage of Revit's power. If the mechanical Families had an Electrical Connector and electrical parameters (volts, load) as Shared Parameters, the mechanical guys could enter those or you could reference their schedule information to calculate the electrical data. You could create a single Mechanical Equipment Schedule that lets you control the electrical data for every piece of mechanical equipment.

Alternatively, I've heard tale of a technique in which the electrical users Circuits and Schedules a disconnect switch family instead of the actual mechanical equipment. This would allow you to input whatever loads that are appropriate whilst keeping it separated from the mechanical families.

Message 8 of 8
Chris1234569

Yeah I know there is a lot of work I have to get coordinated between M&E in the office. We're all still pretty novice with it. I don't know if you took a look at the Project Browser, but it's a mess. Doing something like notes has turned into a bit of a choir. 

Thanks for the additional advice. The idea of us sharing the same mechanical equipment where one schedule could be made for all of it is nice. I'll try to aim for that. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report