Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panel Schedule Templates - Location Parameter

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Richie535
2420 Views, 3 Replies

Panel Schedule Templates - Location Parameter

I'm having problems with the "location parameter" in the panel schedule template.  The parameter doesn't reference correctly, and there doesn't seem to be a way to update it if the space name should change.  I've attached a screen capture of the panel schedule template.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ASCunningham
in reply to: Richie535

When you are in the panel schedule, I believe there is a button to "Update Names". Either click in the cell that has the location and select "Update Names" or just select "Update Names". I believe that is going to do what you need.

Message 3 of 4
Richie535
in reply to: ASCunningham

You cannot select the location when in the "edit panel schedule" and update the "location" parameter the same way you can update names in the cells.

Message 4 of 4
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Richie535

Whenever a change is made to a panelboard, the schedule is updated to reflect that change. This includes, of course, modifying any of the parameters, adding a circuit, and so on. However, when the Space Name is changed, Revit does not register any actual change to the panel, even though the location data was indirectly modified. So, in order to "refresh" the schedule, you have to make some sort of change so that Revit sees a reason to regenerate the data.

Some possible methods:

• Plan View: With the Panel Selected, edit the header or footer notes (whichever is blank) and enter a Space.
  • Plan View: Move the Panel 1" and then immediate Undo it.
  • In Schedule: Change a random parameter such as a Circuit Name and then hit Undo.
  • In Schedule: Click "Change Template" and then just click 'OK' to select the same template it already is.

I would definitely call this a bug.

***TESTED IN REVIT MEP 2012***

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report