Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlayed Viewports

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
smbrennan
395 Views, 3 Replies

Overlayed Viewports

I am trying to essentially get a floor plan combined with a reflected ceiling plan on a single viewport & sheet. My current solution is to have a floor plan view with the floor plan elements that I want to see, and a reflected ceiling plan that shows just the ceiling grid, and possibly duct & mechanical equipment. This is working just fine. In Revit, I see objects the way I wish to see them.

However, once I print, my output isn't what I see on the screen. It's almost like the reflected ceiling plan is "hiding" floor plan elements.

I received this tip from someone else, so I know other people are doing it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: smbrennan

Something else worth mentioning:

I'm using 2014 at the moment.

Also, the plotted plan doesn't hide EVERYTHING. It's appearing to hide conduit and devices. The printed plan is still displaying device tags for the power devices.

Shawn B.

|   
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 3 of 4
abulla
in reply to: smbrennan

Try changing your view with the ceiling grids to wireframe.
Message 4 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: abulla

That did the trick. I had a feeling it was something easy. Thanks!

Shawn

Shawn B.

|   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report