Revit MEP

Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 1 of 4 (136 Views)
Accepted Solution

Overlayed Viewports

136 Views, 3 Replies
06-24-2014 09:51 AM

I am trying to essentially get a floor plan combined with a reflected ceiling plan on a single viewport & sheet. My current solution is to have a floor plan view with the floor plan elements that I want to see, and a reflected ceiling plan that shows just the ceiling grid, and possibly duct & mechanical equipment. This is working just fine. In Revit, I see objects the way I wish to see them.

However, once I print, my output isn't what I see on the screen. It's almost like the reflected ceiling plan is "hiding" floor plan elements.

I received this tip from someone else, so I know other people are doing it. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn

Shawn B.

Follow me on Twitter @That85CADGuy.  ||    Connect with me on Linkedin.
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to provide feedback.
To help improve the use of these Forums, please  Accept As Solution and  Give Kudos.

Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: Overlayed Viewports

06-24-2014 09:54 AM in reply to: smbrennan85

Something else worth mentioning:

I'm using 2014 at the moment.

Also, the plotted plan doesn't hide EVERYTHING. It's appearing to hide conduit and devices. The printed plan is still displaying device tags for the power devices.

Shawn B.

To help improve the use of these Forums, please  Accept As Solution and  Give Kudos.

*Expert Elite*
abulla
Message 3 of 4 (124 Views)

06-24-2014 10:43 AM in reply to: smbrennan85
Try changing your view with the ceiling grids to wireframe.
Mentor
smbrennan85
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

06-24-2014 11:16 AM in reply to: abulla

That did the trick. I had a feeling it was something easy. Thanks!

Shawn

Shawn B.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Revit Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for Revit helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Revit

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Youtube