Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Omni Class Numbering

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
LisaDrago
1557 Views, 5 Replies

Omni Class Numbering

Hello - I have a client asking about Omni classifications - Specifically for fire protection - sprinklers and valves. 

Any one know where I can obtain information about this?

I do not see it listed anywhere in the 'out of the box' Revit MEP.

Also - is this something that is being used and becoming part of standard requirements?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

They are located in the Family Categories & Paramters within the families.

I think they are based on Table 23 of the Omniclass - if memory serves correctly.

I have attached a copy of Table 23 for you.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I think this topic was covered in an AU class a couple of years ago.

If my reply answers your query, please use the Accept as Solution.
Please give Kudos as appropriate to enhance the value of these forums.

Thank you!
Message 3 of 6

Thank you do much for the pdf - I was about to find the fire protection category in there. 

I was not able to find this category in the revit file.

Thank you again!

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
Message 4 of 6
LisaDrago
in reply to: LisaDrago

Okay - I was able to find the specific category - by changing the list to all categories in the dialog box - then I could access the fire protection.

Just needed to hunt a little bit more.
Thanks for your assistance.

LD

Message 5 of 6

I am a italian technical employee and in the last times i use the BIM (Revit Autodesk) for to learn a tool for my job in Italy.

I have seen that the OMNICLASS material codes proposed in the web site  http://seek.autodesk.com/ are different from the last table 23 2012.

It would seem that these codes are referred to version 2006 (OmniClass_23_2006-03-28).

I would understand if :

OmniClass codes _Version year 2012 exceed and eliminate the 2006 version, or if the versions are complementary with each other.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Regnani
Maria
Message 6 of 6
fabiosato
in reply to: maria.regnani

Hello Maria,

The new table is different from the old one, some components may have similar numbers, but generally they are completelly different, you can´t mix components.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report