Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Elevation MEASUREMENTS

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
455 Views, 2 Replies

Object Elevation MEASUREMENTS

Can someone explain to me how Revit calculates elevation?  For example; I was drawing a duct run in a section and when the duct passed through a wall the elevation level changed from 12' ?? to 25' ??, the duct line did not change it was still a straight line just the definition of the elevation changed. 

Another example I inserted a Trane air handler into the Revit model and when I interrigated the equipment for elevation the response was 1' 6 3/4", which normally would be fine except that IT WAS ON TOP OF A BUILDING ON THE ROOF!

Do I need to manually set the elevations for each view and for all of the duct / piping runs through the building?

I welcome any information to help me understand how Revit does this.

TB

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Anonymous

The "Offset" value of Ducts and other elements is measured from it's Host Level. This can be changed under the Element's Properties via the parameter "Level" (for typical Families) or "Reference Level" (for System Families like Duct). When creating new elements, this value is inherited from the View in which the element is created.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: CoreyDaun

If I unserstand you correctly, the associated level when creating the object is a baseline elevation.  So if it is associated with "Level 2" the duct elevation would be approximately 10 to 12 feet (depending how much space is above the drop ceiling)?  LIkewise if the same object is associated with "Level 1" the "Object Offset" would be the distance from floor to floor plus the 10 to 12 feet to be above the drop ceiling, correct?

If the above is trun that would explain why I can go through a wall that is open fromt the first floor to the underside of the roof...

TB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report