Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No auto route solution found for no reason

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bwk-jsinger
9037 Views, 4 Replies

No auto route solution found for no reason

All,

I am an experienced Revit user.

In one of my models, I am getting the "no auto route soltuon found error" all of the sudden for no apparent reason.

I was working in it yesterday with no problems.  When I opened it up today and tried to draw ductwork, I got this error.

I get this error when I do ANYTHING with ductwork.  If I try and connect to existing, modify existing (just shorten or lengthen), try and draw a new piece off in space, etc...

My model as of right now is completely useless and I have no idea how to fix this error.

I tried auditing the model and that didn't fix it.

In addition, in my other models, I have no problems whatsoever drawing ductwork, connecting, modifying, etc...

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: bwk-jsinger

That is a head scratcher.

Usually that error (and I'm sure your aware) is from undefined fittings in the duct type or lack of necessary space to place a fitting.

You mentioned just drawing a straight segment of duct gives you this error?... Perhaps there is an issue with the Duct Profile CSV file specific to this project.

The strange thing is any file location settings within revit aren't per project, but rather global, especially if it is working in a new project or another existing.

Do you have your journal files? <located here-->C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit MEP 2012\Journals

Open a new project and drag and drop a previous journal file to see where it broke. There is a  software called baretail that makes it easier to go through the journal as a step by step macro interface.

If there is nothing you can do, I would send Adesk the file 
(if your on subscription) and let them figure it out.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 3 of 5
Chris.Aquino
in reply to: bwk-jsinger

To get a better idea of what is happening, please upload the journal file from a session where you got the error.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 4 of 5
khinemar
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

I can't find the journal in my system. I have encounter no auto route found. Pls do help me. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Jrobker
in reply to: khinemar

Are you dealing with no auto route for a specific connection or the entire project?

I cannot tell what I am looking at with your snap shots.

Please explain more of what it is you are trying to accomplish.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report