Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Wire Gaps Showing Up

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PayneEng
3366 Views, 6 Replies

No Wire Gaps Showing Up

I have Revit MEP 2013 and I cannot get the wire gaps to show up? I have check the common things, Discipline set to Electrical, Gap setting is not 0, Visual Setting is set to Hidden, Thin Lines is turned off, Draw MEP hidden Lines is Checked.  But still no gaps?

If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks Again.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
CoreyDaun
in reply to: PayneEng

Answering questions with questions! Is the Wire crossing another wire or is it crossing an element? If you draw two segments of Wire (not connected to a circuit) crossing each other, do you still not see the gap? Do you see the gaps if this is done is a new, blank Project?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 7
PayneEng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It is two wires from 2 different circuits crossing each other. If I
draw (2) wires crossing each other that are not connected to anything,
still no gaps.
This is in a Blank, New project using the default Revit Electrical
Template. Just found something interesting, I printed a PDF of the veiw
and the PDF shows the gaps? But in revit there are no gaps? Sounds like
a glitch or something?

Thanks,
Message 4 of 7
CoreyDaun

That's kinda what I was suspecting. Under Options, try toggling Hardware Acceleration and see if that gets the gaps to appear.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 5 of 7
PayneEng
in reply to: CoreyDaun

That worked!!!

Thanks

Message 6 of 7
dwmaresh

I am working on a project in Revit 2019 and I am having trouble with the gap not showing up when wires cross. The previous solutions are not working. Are there any other solution to try? Has anyone else had this problem? 

thanks,

Message 7 of 7
junnel.castro
in reply to: dwmaresh

Try putting your discipline to ELECTRICAL.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report