Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New fittings come into the model undefined....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Tobin.Hilliard
522 Views, 2 Replies

New fittings come into the model undefined....

Hello all,

I have an r.12 model, I have come across/ been assigned to work on, that for all intents and purposes appears to have been started without any form of a template at all. This model has a considerable amount of data that has been input and is beyond considering starting over with, unless there are absolutely NO alternatives... That said...

When I lay out pipe in this broken model, I am able to get straight runs of pipe to assign themselves to the correct System Type. However, each fitting automatically connecting to said straight runs of pipe comes in undefined and the next straight run comes in on the same System Type, but assigns a new System Name i.e... S1, S2, S3 etc... I have yet to find ANY way to impact the fittings to associate themselves to any System Name and they are all left as undefined. With all the previously input pipe that is in this model, I have approximately 500 System Names where I should have about 7 or 8...

Does anyone know or have any suggestions on what I might do to aid in associating the fittings to a System Type/Name so that I can reduce the database in this model and potentially be able to do low end calculations on the system?

Any suggestion(s) will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

To help us troubleshoot this issue, please reply with a small (< 10mb) file with 1 or two systems which show this behavior.

Chris Aquino
Adoption Marketing Manager | BIM Collaborate Pro
@Aquinotecture

Message 3 of 3
gjpete69
in reply to: Chris.Aquino

I see the issue has still not been addressed a couple years later in Revit 2015.

Why not make it so that you can select the system type from a pull-down menu, especially when the current system type is "undefined".  Do you guys test full functionality before putting it out?  I mean seriously, Revit 2015 is up to update release 10 now.  When you pay as much as you do for the software one might expect it to actually work.  This is close to the cost of a new car.  If I bought a car and it needed 10 updates I'd be inclined not to buy from that manufacturer in the future.  Unfortunately you guys have the market cornered.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report