Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New architectural model corrupts spaces

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
bcpratt
341 Views, 1 Reply

New architectural model corrupts spaces

We received a new architectural model for a RMEP 2013 project and some of the spaces in our model threw an error that they were not in an enclosed space and some of the spaces seem to have merged with an adjacent space.  The new model has rooms in it and walls, roofs and floors are indicated as room boundaries.  Our link to the file has the "Room Bounding" Constraint checked.

I tried creating new spaces to replace the unenclosed ones, but new spaces do not seem to recognize any bounding elements.

I added Room:Name and Room:Number fields to my space schedule and these fields appear blank in the schedule.

Any ideas on what could be causing this and how to fix it?  Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
bcpratt
in reply to: bcpratt

Turned out to be a "phase" issue.  The updated model no longer contained the phase that all of the bounding elements were created on.  The architectural elements' properties indicated a "Phase Created" that did not appear in the Phasing dialogue box (nor in the Phase Created drop down box).

Since the phase was essentially orphaned, there doesn't appear to be an easy fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report