Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Plan Regions.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
davebillion
427 Views, 2 Replies

Need help with Plan Regions.

Greetings,

I have a Building with a Main Level at elevation 0'-0" and it's upper limit is 14'-0"

Under the Main Level, there is a Crawl Space at -9'-3" and it's upper limit is the Main Level (0'-0").

Behind the building, there is a Mechical Yard that is at a lowered elevation of -3'-9" and has a roof over it at 10'-0" (relative to the Main Level).

At the back of the building, the Mechanical Equipment Room and the Electrical Rooms have a lowered floor to match the Mechanical Yard (-3'-9") but share the upper limit of the Main Level (14'-0").

I Need to get duct and pipe from the Mechanical Yard (-3'-9" to 10'-0"), through the MER (-3'-9" to 14'-0") and into the Main Level of the building (0'-0" to 14'-0").  I need to show all of this on one plan view.

I created a Plan View at the MER Level (-3'-9", relative to Main Level).  I set the view range top to the Mechanical Yard roof (10'-0" relative to Main Level), cut plan to 48" (relative to MER Level) and bottom to 0" offset from MER Level.  Elements in the Mech Yard appeard as expected.

I created a Plan Region for the MER and Electrical room, and set those limits to the MER Level (-3'-9") for the bottom and the roof (14'-0") for the top.  All elements in the MER and Electrical room appeared as expected.

I created a Plan Region for the remainder of the building and set the top at the roof (14'-0") and the bottom even with the Main Level (3'9" relative to the MER level, 0'-0" relative to the Main Level).

The problem:  Even though I set the Plan Region's Bottom (and View Depth) to 0'-0", relative to the Main level, elements in the crawl space under the main level that are higher than the MER level elevation still appear. 

I first started with the plan view set at the Main level, and then create View Regions that would drop down at the MER and Mechanical Yard, but elements below 0'-0" (relative to Main level) would not appear in the view regions.

How should I set this up, so that elements on a dropped floor will appear on the same plan view as elements on the main floor, without showing elements under the main floor?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
CoreyDaun
in reply to: davebillion

Plan Regions are notoriously uncooperative with MEP Fittings, and I think that there are a few threads here that have better info on that. Anyhow, your best option may be to create separate Views for each section and then place the Viewports on the Sheet View overlapping each other to create the appearance of a single View.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
davebillion
in reply to: CoreyDaun

I tried it out on different platforms in my office.  It turns out it works perfectly in Revit MEP 2013, Revit Architecture 2012 and Revit Structure 2012.

I decided to follow your advice and "blend" three different views onto a sheet.  I had to "massage" the section markers going through the mechanical room (-3'-9" to 14'-0") and mechanical yard (-3'-9" to 10'-0"), to make the appear to reference the same plan on the sheet.

It's a clever workaround, and, on plotted paper, it works.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report