Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

My newly drawn conduits do not show up

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
peter57733
2719 Views, 3 Replies

My newly drawn conduits do not show up

Ok here is the situation, I received REVIT MEP drawing files from our subcontractor to us, and they also provided us with the Architects model for overlays. On the working drawing there are conduits shown I can move them erase them what ever I want as long as I do not copy them (they disappear) if I try and place new conduit of the same exact type at the exact same level I get a warning window that says this: (None of the created elements are visible in Floor Plan: 01 LEVEL CONDUIT View. You may want to check the active view, its Parameters, and Visibility settings, as well as any Plan Regions and their settings.) and I don't even know what the heck the "active view" is or where to find it. So if any of you brilliant folks out there have any suggestions which may help please not that I have check all of the visibility graphics settings and all the ones for conduit are on, I have checked parts visibility and have checked show both and show original and the other one as well, so hit me with your best shot oh yea I also checked the view range the bottom is unlimited and the top is set to 34'-0" so with that much range I should be seeing China, hell, or some place.

Thanks,

Pete

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
abulla
in reply to: peter57733

The solution that I would check first is your workset visibility. If you're copying conduit or creating new conduit on a workset that is hidden, you could get that error message.

First check your active workset at the bottom of the screen:

Worksets.png

Then check your visibility/graphics options and check under the Worksets tabe to make sure your active workset is visible.

worksets_2.png

If everything is set to visible there, the next thing I would check is phasing. In your view, make sure your phase is set to New Construction (if the work is in fact new), and your Phase Filter is set to show new construction.

Message 3 of 4
DMaurer-Veca
in reply to: abulla

Change the 'Underlay' to "none". This is one of the options in the porperty box.

Diane M
Message 4 of 4
peter57733
in reply to: abulla

@abulla wrote:

The solution that I would check first is your workset visibility. If you're copying conduit or creating new conduit on a workset that is hidden, you could get that error message.

First check your active workset at the bottom of the screen:

Worksets.png

Then check your visibility/graphics options and check under the Worksets tabe to make sure your active workset is visible.

worksets_2.png

If everything is set to visible there, the next thing I would check is phasing. In your view, make sure your phase is set to New Construction (if the work is in fact new), and your Phase Filter is set to show new construction.

Abulla Hey,

Thanks a Million,

I am such a newbie at this there will be more questions from me I am sure. You were exactly right as to my problem, I am so used to AutoCAD that I wouldn't have ever thought to see if there was a toggle on the bottom of the screen directing my work to show up elsewhere.

Anyway you were spot on and I am so happy šŸ™‚ Kudos to you many times over.

Pete

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report