Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Favorite Error Message

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CoreyDaun
731 Views, 8 Replies

My Favorite Error Message

My Friend.JPG

This has got to be one of the most annoying errors in Revit, if not in the world. I am drawing an annotation symbol and have hit this error at least 15,000 times. Now I have found that the error isn't even consistent, much like other aspects of Revit. I just move a group of lines 3/64" down with no error, and without changing anything else (including zoom), I move the same lines 3/64" up and hit the error. And this is typing in the distance and with no constraints. Might anyone know the story behind this magnificent error?

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
abulla
in reply to: CoreyDaun

It's infuriating isn't it? I have tons of Annotation Symbols that are fairly small that I haven't been able to create because of that error. Whee!

Message 3 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: abulla

Actually, you can get very microscopic lines using the trim command correctly. It is still a pain, though.

Corey D.                                                                                                                  ADSK_Logo_EE_2013.png    AutoCAD 2014 User  Revit 2014 User
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!
Message 4 of 9
Jrobker

It is annoying, especially when it comes to schematics or details, but nothing for us in plan. We can't even accurately detail our company logo because of the "too small" error.

However this behavior is intended. Revit prevents you from accidentally drawing the element, typically a wall, reference plane, or line, if it is less than 1mm (1/32) on the screen.

No idea why. I think they are just taking intentional credit, because there really is no other excuse.

FWIW, I tested the 3/64 moves you described and had no problems.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 5 of 9
CoreyDaun
in reply to: Jrobker

I've never had it give me an error when moving something back before. I don't know what made it happen now.

Message 6 of 9
CoreyDaun

Revit apparently didn't like that post. While it was loading it jumped behind my internet browser just as I clicked and it happen to hit right onto the "Mark as a Solution" button. Nice.

Message 7 of 9
Jrobker

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know what made it happen now.

I do.

It's the overall inconsistencies of Revit. How many times have you done something, than did it again and it wouldn't work, than you try it 23 more time and it works on the 24, doing nothing different other than swearing and wasting time.

I am completely serious. This program has a mind of it's own and every project is different. There are no explanations.

"It's hardware that makes a machine fast. It's software that makes a fast machine slow."

Message 8 of 9
CoreyDaun

When drawing a line or moving objects, if the cursor is a Ø symbol then error is prompted. Even if you are typing in the length or distance, and no matter how long you input, if the cursor is that symbol it will always result in the error. You can move objects as little as say, 1/1024", so long as you move the mouse cursor far enough away so it does not have the Ø symbol before inputting the value. Knowing this makes it much easier to draw.

Message 9 of 9
Jrobker

Thats a great tip. Thanks for the post. I never noticed that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report